Monday, January 31, 2011

Funnel Cakes (& Fried Banana)

Oh my. I know you must be thinking that since this blog is titled "Realistically Healthy Home Cooking", I should only talk about/cook healthy foods. But I believe in rewards once in a while. Why not indulge and venture in life, right? ^^

And this cooking adventure was both delicious and exhausting. Why: because the recipe makes about 20 delicious funnel cakes!

Lesson learned: divide the recipe into 5 if you're making only for 2 people.. ^^;

Obviously, I did not change this beautiful recipe:
Funnel Cakes I

Here are some pictures of my current quest:
    (Fried)

                              (Flipped)

                             SERVED! ^^~

However, I have another suggestion if you have extra :
If you have a banana that has just ripen, slice it horizontally into about 6 pieces.
Dip each slice into the batter.

Deep fry until golden brown on both sides (flip if you have to.. I have so little oil left after frying millions of funnel cakes..)

    And you've got yourself fried banana ^0^~
Remember that the recipe is not made for party of two. So, 1/5 of the ingredients should be just enough so satisfy the craving ^^;

Otherwise, you'll end up with these:



I rate this recipe YUMS! x 5 

No comments:

Post a Comment