Thursday, January 27, 2011

Granola Bar

Last weekend, I attempted to make a toffee bar from a recipe book I have. What a nightmare! the parchment paper was stuck to the whole thing and it took me forever to shove cut bars back into a toaster oven a peeling off the parchment bit by bit. I thought, that's it, I'm not going to ever do this again.

But yesterday I found a recipe with a solution: brush the parchment paper with veg oil! Should've thought of that, eh? :P

Anyhoo, this is the recipe I used, and found from Allrecipes.com :

Granola Bar III




Substitutions:

Honey -> Corn syrup
I don't have any honey left, so I used corn syrup instead. Same difference to me as all I need is the gluing effect they both have.


1 cup all purpose flour -> 3/4 cup all purpose flour + 1/4 9-grains whole wheat flour
A little bit of whole wheat doesn't hurt ^^ In fact it's a healthier option, due to the higher fiber content. I always keep in mind that a good balance of all purpose flour and whole wheat flour would result in a tasty baked good :D

1/2 cup chopped walnuts -> 1/3 chopped walnuts + 1/3 crushed soy beans
more is better! I was running out of walnuts.. so I substituted it with soy beans.

Added 1/4 cup of 12 grains cereal (from Bulk Barn! ^0^~) 
More fiber, more!


I've also cut them into bite sizes, so they make great little snacks ^^


A cup of warm coffee makes an awesome companion to this wonderful snack.

This snack deserved YUM! x 5 ^^


Btw, guess who was wondering what I was doing the whole time?


Oh no, he looks so scruffy here. Time to brush the little pup pup ^^;

No comments:

Post a Comment