Friday, January 28, 2011

Turkey Drumstick

Joey loves eating his Thanksgiving turkey. So, when we went to the local butcher, I grabbed 2 hugemonguous turkey drumsticks. I've never cooked just the drumsticks of the turkey before, but I'll give it a shot ^^

I saw this recipe online, and it looked pretty okay:
http://www.divinedinnerparty.com/cooking-turkey-drumsticks.html

This recipe actually turned out great.. *I'm so full right now*

Tweaks:
- I followed most of the ingredients, and cut it by half just because I only have 2 drumsticks instead of 4.

- Instead of using olive oil, I used canola oil instead. The reason why is: olive oil is not a cooking oil. If it's used to cook, it will turn into an ordinary oil, losing its omega-3 property. Canola oil (also having the omega-3 property), on the other hand, has a higher smoking point, so it's omega-3 goodness is retained when used to cook. So, use your precious & expensive olive oil should only be used to dress your salad/foods at room temperature ^^

- I've also flipped the drums halfway through the cook time to have each side cook more thoroughly - and immersing the other side with yummy sauce :D


Here are some of the pictures of this cooking quest:

(browning)

(sauce)

(before baking)

Voila!


Gravy:

And dinner is served with a side of baked potato and vegetables (asparagus, zucchini and tomato). And why waste a good wine? Cheers! ^0^~


I rate this dinner YUM! x 5




No comments:

Post a Comment